So you decided to become a blogger, and as time has progressed, realized you need to up your game? Please feel free to check out the resources below that I have used & discovered along the way of my 7+ years of blogging. Some of the links are affiliate or referral links. If you have any questions – please email me through my contact page!
What You Need To Build A Better Blog
- Genesis – The basic framework I recommend to be used with Wordpess.org websites. Must-have for polished, professional site
- Restored 316 Designs – Once you have Genesis installed, Lauren’s designs are easy to change color options and has a great resource section for minor updates.
- Pretty Darn Cute Designs – Lindsey’s designs are chic and offer great black and white design (color too!). She also offers an online workshop regarding to set up your WordPress website.
- Canva – Create pinnable graphics with your own images or stock images (for small fee). Can also create graphics and free printables to download as pdf
- PicMonkey – free and upgraded accounts to create pinnable graphics and free printables
- Spotify – because listening to music while working helps pass the time. Been a paid subscriber since 2012.
- Google Docs – to store printables created, keep track of blog ideas and access wherever you are.
- Dropbox – Similar to Google Docs, but just a storage facility. Can also be great for backing up all images on your desktop/laptop to allow for a faster computer.
- CoSchedule – Integrated with WordPress (or separate log in through website) – to schedule out your blog posts on Facebook & Twitter at different intervals.
- HootSuite – free & upgraded account to schedule in web-based program for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and more.
- MailChimp – Create a mailing list to update followers on posts, upcoming promotions or giveaways. Free and paid subscriptions available.