Blogging requires ongoing education and learning. If you want to increase your readership, expand into sponsored posts, you need to learn how to take the next steps. SoCal Lady Bloggers will be hosting many workshops touching on a variety of items. Our first one was on SEO and WordPress – as instructed by FaVe Mom. The sponsor of the evening was Bon Affair (you remember that I reviewed their Sauv Blanc before, right?) We were hooked up with awesome mini bottles that fit perfectly into the wine glasses – AND Jayla also supplied us with a large bottle to go home with. Awesome!
Carolyn and I grabbed lots of cheese, meats, and extras to go along with the Bon Affair spritzers. Since I’m Dairy Free, I couldn’t each much but I did try a few out. The smoked gouda was so good! As was the fancy brie. And we had the event at Jessica from Two Funny Brains casa in Hollywood.
The parting gifts
One super amazing thing was a special visitor – Maribel – from Costa Rica! We skyped her in so she could learn a few things and we were communicating via Facebook so I could ask the questions she had. Technology is seriously amazing. FaVe Mom had great tips that I was tweeting about and here are just a few of the notes I took:
- Google crawls each medium at different rates. Twitter, Facebook, and your actual website. Of course I didn’t write out the time frames but one was hourly, another every 4 hours, and another once a day.
- Tags in your post are for navigation for your readers. Think of how they would search for something on your site and tag accordingly
- The more readers you have, the easier other new readers will be able to find you with google. (also, if they share your content on social media)
- Linking within your own posts are great, but make sure the links are relevant and try to limit to 3. You’ll notice I fit in my Dairy Free breastfeeding post as well as the past review I had for Bon Affair. It flowed with my content so it makes sense!
- Bottom line – produce great content. It will make others want to read your site, want to share your site, and that’s ALWAYS a great thing.
If you’re a blogger in the Southern California area, come visit SoCal Lady Bloggers to join! We love to Support, Share & Succeed!